Australian party intends to "revive" Democracy via blockchain



New political party proposes to use Flux blokcheyn to allow party members to vote directly. Senators from the party play the role of solutions translators that do not have a real political force.

The founders of the party Flux, bitcoin enthusiasts Nathan Spataro and Max Kaye argue that representative democracy in the form in which it exists now, does not reflect the views of voters. They came up with an alternative solution in order to correct the imperfections of the system. Spataro and Kaye propose to use blockchain to get rid of intermediaries in making decisions.

The party plans to elect six senators who would perform the role of solutions translators of party members about a particular legislative initiative. At the same time the senators have refused to accept the decisions on their own and would not promote its own vision on the policy pursued by the state. The distribution of votes in the voting on draft legislation is planned to register in blockchain.

Max Kaye told Reuters:

"If the role of senators could execute software or robots, they would do it, because the only meaning of the senator position is to promote what they want from the people."

In practice, the process will be organized as follows: kryptocoins (like bitcoin tokens) will be issued to all members of the party who will dispose of them in different ways: to vote with them on their own, sell or give them to those lobbyists, which, according to party members, deserve trust and who can afford to vote on their behalf. Senators from Flux Party will vote in accordance with the distribution of votes - if 80% of the members support the bill, five senators voted "for" and 1 - "against", reflecting the views of the remaining 20%.




loading